What’s it all about?
Youth 19 is a year dedicated to young people aged 12-24 in the Derry City and Strabane District. Throughout the year we aim to focus on the positive contributions that young people are making to our community and give them the skills, experience and opportunity to take a leading role and Make Change Happen. The yearlong programme which has been co-designed by young people, for young people includes festivals and events, opportunities to get active, be creative, be the voice and make important decisions about how funding will be allocated.
Youth 19 aims to:
- Promote the voices, needs, priorities and rights of young people;
- Highlight the positive contributions young people make to our community;
- Supporting young people to take a leading role and Make.Change.Happen.
We will deliver a range of exciting opportunities for young people to get involved and Make.Change.Happen.
- Promote positive health and wellbeing;
- Actively promote the meaningful engagement and participation of young people;
- Develop skills and provide clear career pathways.